- Half box of rotini pasta
- 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- About 8 oz. sliced, pitted black olives
- Half a package of fresh button mushrooms
- 1- 1.25 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Half yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic (fresh or jarred)
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (+ red optionally)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Sautee onion, garlic, and pepper in olive oil.
2. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives.
3. Boil rotini according to package, drain.
4. Cook sauce for about 10 minutes.
5. Combine pasta and sauce in casserole dish, mix in some of the shredded cheese.
6. Top with rest of the cheese.
7. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, covered with foil. Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
*Notes: I used low-fat mozzarella. Any of the canned ingredients could be exchanged for fresh, and vice versa. Use wheat pasta for an even healthier version.