- 1 butternut squash (I used about 3/4 of a large squash for this)
- 2-3 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp shaved ginger
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 24 oz. vegetable broth (I had to cheat and use a mix of veggie & chicken broth)
- seasoning: pepper, salt, cinnamon, cumin, dried herbs as optional
1. Slice butternut squash in half, drizzle with olive oil, season with pepper and salt, and roast in oven at 350 degrees, until soft (1-2 hours as needed). Peel and cut into cubes.
2. Caramelize carrots in a pan until soft. Add garlic, and ginger.
3. Add in squash and yogurt, keep heat on medium to high, mashing squash with the spoon or potato masher. Slowly add broth over several minutes and integrate with the squash until soupy.
4. Cover and cook on medium low for 25 minutes.
5. Remove cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until desired creaminess or thickness.
Note: add more yogurt to make thicker and creamier, more broth to make soupier.