- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
- 3-4 oz. chopped water chesnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 rib chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tbsp rough chopped pine nuts
- 1 tsp minced or grated ginger
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tbsp teriyaki stir fry sauce
- red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper
- Chinese five spice
- iceberg, Bibb, or red leaf romaine lettuce leaves (good for folding up)
1. Saute’ the meat in a skillet until cooked, drain excess oil.
2. Add in all veggies, pine nuts, red pepper flakes, pepper, salt and cook for 7-10 minutes until cooked.
3. Stir in the sauces until it coats the mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves.
Serving: 3-4 lettuce leaves; serves 2-3 people.