- Flour & oil (for roux): 3/4 cup each
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper (mix red & green), chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1.5-2 lbs crawfish tails, peeled
- Cajun seasoning, salt/pepper, hot sauce
1. First, make a roux with the flour and oil.
2. When the roux is ready, add the vegetables and cook for several minutes.
3. Add the crawfish tails and some water to desired consistency. I prefer a little stewier rather than thinner.
4. Cook for another 10 minutes on medium high. Don’t overcook the crawfish.
5. Add seasoning to taste.
6. Serve over rice.
Notes: Some people like to add in a little butter to the mixture. We never have. Also optional that others add: chopped tomatoes (but I think this makes it more like a creole), and instead of water, a stock of sorts. This is literally the easiest recipe ever. You can do it with shrimp, too!