- Angel hair pasta 1/3 box
- 20-25 shrimp, raw, peeled
- Garlic, minced
- Marinated artichoke (jarred in oil, not canned)
- Fresh basil leaves, 1.5-2 cups
- Olive oil
- Fresh parmesan (shredded, or finely grated)
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Pepper, salt
1. Cook pasta according to directions, remove pasta from pot, keep water.
2. Saute’ 1-2 shallots, 1 clove minced garlic, shrimp in olive oil. Add in artichokes, keep on low heat.
3. To make pesto: add to food processor or blender basil, olive oil, 1-2 cloves minced garlic, pepper, salt, pine nuts, and a couple tablespoons of parmesan. Add more oil as necessary, blend until pureed and to liking – more chunky or more like a liquid.
4. Add pasta into pan with shrimp and artichokes, add some pasta water for moisture, then add pesto and stir together.