- 1-1.5 lbs shrimp, peeled & raw
- 1/2-1 cup okra, chopped (optional)
- 2 cans butter beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 5 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1.5 tbsp. minced garlic
1. Make a roux with the flour and oil. Stir constantly until a golden brown.
2. When the roux is ready, add in the Holy Trinity (onion, bell pepper, celery) and garlic. Cook for a few minutes, add water if necessary to loosen up the roux.
3. Add the butter beans and okra. Add seasoning: salt, pepper, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning (to taste). Stir in well, cover, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes until cooked.
5. Serve over rice.