- 1 filet mignon steak (use half of one for one serving)*
- 1/4 cup sliced portabello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- olive oil or butter
- green-leaf & red-leaf lettuce
1. Sautee onions, mushrooms, and garlic, with some seasoning in 2 tbsp butter, or olive oil. Set aside.
2. Season the filet with pepper and salt. Sear to medium rare or medium in a skillet on the stove in butter or olive oil. Remove from heat and let rest for 3-5 minutes.
3. Slice filet into strips or chunks.
4. Serve over bed of lettuce, top with mushrooms and onions.
Optional: sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top.
*Filet mignon is the leanest cut of meat and most tender. You can also use flank or skirt steak.
Serves: 1 person, filet can work for 2 portions.