- Three vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper (fresh, not in oil or roasted)
- 1/8 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped leeks
- 5-6 leaves of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock (I used homemade vegetable stock)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- olive oil
- pepper, salt for seasoning
1. Saute the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes in olive oil.
2. Add tomatoes, red pepper, leeks, and vegetable stock. Cook on low to medium for about half an hour to 40 minutes, with the lid on. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
3. Add the fresh basil and heavy cream, and seasoning to taste.
4. Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
5. Garnish with a couple of leaves of basil.
Note: You may need to reheat once the heavy cream is added in. This is a paleo recipe.