- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- handful of chopped green onions
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 can azuki red beans (don’t drain)
- 1 can Bush’s baked beans (don’t drain)
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalepenos, chopped (I used jarred, but fresh is better)
- Spices: chili powder, paprika, pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, crushed red pepper, cumin
1. Brown the turkey in a pot with some olive oil on medium-high.
2. Add in the vegetables and cook for a few minutes with the meat. Do a first round of seasonings.
3. Add the tomatoes, beans, chipotle peppers, and jalepeno. Cook for about 10 minutes on high.
4. Do a second round of seasonings. Be liberal with the chili powder, lighter on the cumin. Taste test to your preferences. Cook for another 15-20 minutes on low.
Serves 6-7. Great with cornbread!