- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium or large sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed or diced (I used frozen, already cut)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock (I used a little of both, homemade stock)
- spices: red pepper flakes, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, salt, hot sauce)
1. In a pot, saute the onions, garlic, and peppers for a few minutes.
2. Add the sweet potato (it will take awhile to cook) and cook for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground turkey and cook until the meat is browned.
4. Add the butternut squash, tomatoes, and rest of the ingredients, including the water/broth. Cook for 15 minutes.
5. Add the spices, and cook for a final 10 minutes.
Note: This is a paleo recipe. Makes 6-8 servings.