Ah, holiday shopping. Whether you have 10 people to buy for, or one, it’s never quite as easy as you expect it to be. For all the items that are plug and play on your Amazon list or in and out of the store, there are just as many that leave you clueless, running around town from store to store, begging your mom or sister for more ideas as each idea becomes a bust.
But in the end, we all know that it’s not the hottest Wii game or the fashionable scarf or the Target gift card that makes us happiest. The gifts that truly come from the heart mean the most. I’ve tried to put together a little list of ideas here that might help you check off your “shopping” for that special someone. Let me know what you think and then add your own in the comments!
- For the person that loves to cook/bake: put together a set of recipe cards of your favorite meals for him/her to try, and make samples of a couple of them.
- For the coffee/tea lover: put your photo on one of those personalized mugs
- For the writer: design custom stationary or a notebook template
- For the traveler: make a top 10 list of places you’ve visited that they MUST see
- For the volunteer: set up a volunteer “date” with him or her, doing something you’d both enjoy (Bonding + giving back all in one!)
- For the book lover: make homemade bookmarks with quotes, photos, etc. (I did this for my Dad – a big win)
- For the gardener: plant some herbs in a window box and gift them
- For the sports fan: Do they like basbeall? Set up a batting cages visit. Racing? Visit the local go-karting place together for a spin.
- For the photographer: get one of their shots matted and framed for their wall
- For the outdoorsy one: schedule a day to go rock-climbing, canoeing or hiking together at a new place.